Currently looking for Maintenance Technicians with injection molding experience to fill 3rd shift openings with a company located in Winchester, VA. Interested candidates should have the ability to perform tasks as needed to ensure the efficient running and continuous improvement of the plants equipment and facilities.
Maintenance Technician Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain all policies of the company including but not limited to BRC Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Provides technical advice to production and maintenance personnel.
- Complies with BRC standards for preventative machine maintenance and documented procedures.
- Assists production department in making necessary adjustments to maintain product quality.
- Maintain the production equipment and building facilities in good working order.
- Perform tasks to maintain the preventative maintenance schedule of production and facilities equipment.
- Perform tasks related to the installation and removal of production and facilities equipment.
- To continually identify equipment, process and product risks that may result in products not meeting customer requirements and report them to the maintenance manager.
- To continually identify opportunities for improvement to local management.
- Trouble shoots failures with production and facilities equipment.
- Repair production and facilities equipment as needed.
- Work with outside vendors and contractors as needed on tasks related to the installation or maintaining of production and facilities equipment.
- Ensure compliance with area work instructions and personal hygiene requirements.
- Ensure outside vendors and contractors are working in a safe manner at all times.
- Work hours as directed by the maintenance crew leader or maintenance manager to ensure proper staffing to cover the facilities / production department’s needs.
- Ensure that your work area is kept safe, clean and organized during and at the end of the shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
- Experience in production facility
- Good basic technical knowledge
- Must have excellent attendance
- Must be responsible, self motivated and function well in team environment
- Must be able to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Must be safety and quality conscious at all times
- Flexible work schedule with a willingness to work overtime.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma plus 1-3 years of experience in mechanical and electrical fields.
- Ability to read all types of blueprints.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally squat, push, pull, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay Rate will be based on experience and skills.
- Salary Offer $15 to $25 Hourly
- Address Winchester, VA, USA
- Benefits medical, dental, vision