Position Summary: Sports Assistant
Assist in the overall program management, supervision, planning, and implementation of sports rentals, games, and/or events for participants. Provide a quality experience to children, parents, and spectators that focuses on youth development. The incumbent will position themselves as a leader in the Upside SportsPlex facility.
- Facilitate sports programs in accordance with the goals and policies of the Upside SportsPlex.
- Supervise participants during practices and/or games, ensuring their guidance and safety.
- Properly prepares playing areas to ensure safety for all participants.
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment. Take all necessary and reasonable, precautions to protect program participants, staff, equipment, and facility.
- Follow emergency procedures appropriately to ensure the safety of the participants and staff.
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with all participants, parents, community members, and co-workers.
- Assist in running the concession stand area and restock when necessary.
- Assist in general housekeeping of the program space.
- Greet and communicate with parents.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times to ensure the Upside SportsPlex image and mission statement are upheld.
- Attend all staff meetings & trainings as required.
- Report suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follow incident reporting requirements.
- Meet timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be highly dependable.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, while having the sensitivity to meet the needs of a diverse population
- Completion of following training requirements: First 30 days of employment: Basic Life Support, AED, Oxygen, and First Aid
- Must possess oral, auditory, and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
- Must have a keen desire to work with children and have the ability to relate to them in a positive, patient, sensitive, and non-judgmental manner.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Must possess basic knowledge of sports.